Sunday, March 15, 2009

What about now?

It's really difficult sometimes to live in the present.

Last week, I was elected student body present for the 2009-2010 school year. It's an incredibly exciting opportunity, one that I am definitely blessed to have. I really think I have a chance to create some challenge on our campus and express the voice of varied groups of people. I keep thinking about the different things that I want to do.

At the same time, I'm a bit scared out of my mind. My overactive my considers all possible scenarios- including the bad ones. What if I suck as president? What if I do a crappy job of leading and representing the student body? What if I can't get anything done that I said I wanted to?

And then I remember: this year isn't over yet.

I still have two months left in this year.

What am I going to do NOW?

That is now my challenge. To live in the present. To focus on what I can do each and every day to better myself, to be an influence on friends, to improve this campus. One day at a time. Trying to affect the future now is only going to have a negative effect on my present life.

No comments: